Sunday, July 29, 2012

I'm Back and just read Divergent!

I am back! I was on a little hiatus but I am now back and revved up! I actually just finished reading Veronica Roth's book Divergent to get me ready for her second book in the Divergent series titled Insurgent. I know I was a little late with reading Divergent since it came out last year, but nonetheless, I am glad that I picked it up. Goodreads gave it the choice award of favorite book and I can already see why. It is an amazing book and I have to admit that I am a huge fan of dystopian novels. I love the hard decisions that these protagonists have to make and the bonds that they create with loyal friends along the way.

Veronica Roth does a lovely job bringing to light the character of Beatrice. A 16 year old girl whose life begins in Abnegation one of the five factions of the society in which she lives. Abnegation is the faction which values selflessness above all else. Beatrice struggles with the values that her faction is so set upon and doesn't truly know if she belongs to them. How can she when she feels like she is made for something more?

At 16 Beatrice must choose whether to remain in Abnegation or another faction. Once she decides to leave she can't go back. This one decision will set her place for the rest of her life, a decision that Beatrice is hard pressed to make.

 Veronica Roth takes the reader on a whirlwind of events right along with Beatrice. She makes Beatrice face some extremely difficult situations that are so raw and real and connects you even more with her protagonist. Beatrice builds friendships which are tested as she begins initiation into her new faction: Dauntless.

I can honestly say this book was a definite page turner. It made me question myself and what I would do in situations that Beatrice was placed in. Beautifully written and imaginative Veronica Roth completely won me over with the first book of her series and I cannot wait to pick up Insurgent. I suggest you do it too!

Till the next book
Happy Reading Fellow Bloggers

xo Chellie

No comments:

Post a Comment